Saturday, April 12, 2014

Irreconcilable Differences (1984)


I've planned on doing the locations for Irreconcilable Differences for years, but it always fell to the bottom of my list.  On my recent trip, I was able to sneak a few locales in, so keep watching for future updates when I get to some of the other spots.

First up is the cafe seen in one of every five films released....





Screenshots...


Next up is a quick establishing shot of the airport up in Santa Paula....



Screenshot...

Sadly, the Canyon Inn no longer exists, but I wanted to go to this locale anyways because it has one of my favorite shots in the movie.....






Screenshots....






UPDATE June 2014:  Here are some theatre marquees they used as establishing shots for "An American Romance".  First up, the Palace...
 Screenshot...


The Rialto...
 Screenshot....


The Orpheum....
 Screenshot....


The Globe....
Screenshot....


In researching the La Reina, I read it was torn down, however it still appeared to be intact.  While I was visiting the location, a young man struck up a conversation about the theatre and said they recreated the facade when they were rebuilding....





Screenshots....



Also torn down is the Steele's motel, but here it's original location.  McDonald's still there in the background of course....

Screenshot....

Trickier to track down was the main mansion seen in the film.   I couldn't get a good shot without trespassing though....







Screenshots....




And finally (for now), here is Maria's house...





Screenshots....







UPDATE June 2014:  Finally got around to getting the shots of the opening courthouse scenes....


Screenshots....

A view down the steps....

Screenshots....

The walkway.....





Screenshots....






And the door to the courthouse....


Screenshots...


UPDATE September 2014: Was able to grab a few pics of the motel before I was shooed away....



Screenshots....




Comparison shot....

2 comments:

  1. Robert = thnx so much! Really enjoyed viewing these locations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this movie STILL and watching it in 2021! Thank you for sharing the locations! Very cool!

    ReplyDelete