Saturday, April 12, 2014

Interior Leather Bar (2013)



I was able to catch this at the Sundance Film Festival last year.    I was excited about the concept of recreating the lost footage cut by William Friedkin (or the censors), however, the actual film plays out of a behind-the-scenes featurette instead.  While I applaud the idea, I was expecting a different result.  Still, I love the idea and always love me some Franco....

So, let's get to some of the locations.   Up first are a few shots of "driving to the theatre" in Burbank/North Hollywood.   Here is a shot on Magnolia Boulevard, a drive I have taken too many times to count...

Screenshot (in reverse as it is looking through a side mirror)....

The car wash....

Screenshot...

Approaching the theatre...

Screenshot...

Much of the film has the lead lamenting the shoot in the alley behind the theatre....








Screenshots....









And for those that have trouble finding the location, they just give it to you...


The Sundance Film Festival premiere of Interior Leather Bar...






The shirt I made for the occasion...


Me and James Franco....


UPDATE June 2014:  For completeness sake, I had to get this shot...

Screenshots...












No comments:

Post a Comment