Thursday, November 21, 2013

The Sting (1973)



While in Pasadena, I thought I would hit up some locations for The Sting since they were just a couple blocks away from the event for the 35th Anniversary of Halloween.   Both The Movie Tourist and Matt Horman have some great comparison shots as well...

First up is the opening shot of this Pasadena street, which has changed a bit since filming, but not much.....






Screenshots....








The action continues over to this alley....











Screenshots....











Another scene takes place down the same street in an adjacent alleyway...









Screenshots....








According to other sites, this alley is used for a quick run-through, although I couldn't get it to match up quite right....



Screenshots....


The train tracks are gone from this alley, but some of the buildings remain....








Screenshots....




And this pivotal scene is in the same area of the Old Town Pasadena alleyways...








Screenshots....











As many times as I've been to Santa Monica pier, not sure why I don't have more pictures of this area...






Screenshots...





And not even sure if this is correct, but I found an old photo from a 1985 Universal Studios tour labeled with the movie.   The main setpiece was filmed on the backlot, which is now long gone....

UPDATE June 2014:  While I was running around downtown, I decided to grab a shot of this location...



Screenshots....









2 comments: