Saturday, November 23, 2013

Poltergeist (1982)

Check out the all new POLTERGEIST page at Set-Jetter.com!




I have been to the Freeling house many times, but I thought it was time I branched out and did some other areas.   If you are interested in Poltergeist II locations, click here and here, and check out the Poltergeist III page too!

First up are the streets used in the opening credits, shot up in Agoura Hills.  The hilltop has been completely re-landscaped, but you can identify the houses seen on the street below....









Screenshots....




And here is second part of the shot, same street...








Screenshots...





The infamous tree-in-the-street has been long gone, but here is where it was...




Screenshots...


This street is used for another establishing shot...



Screenshots...


This is the circle the man bikes out of on his way to the Freelings....



Screenshots...


He comes out on this street...


Screenshots....


We then move up to Simi Valley, where this street is featured....



Screenshot...




And finally the Freeling house....





Screenshots...






The swimming pool, the swimming pool!!



Screenshots...






The house across the street gets some good screen-time...
Screenshot...




No longer a Holiday Inn, here is the hotel from the final ending credits shot...








Screenshots...








The room curtains happened to be open, so this is what it looks like inside....

RIP Heather O'Rourke and Dominique Dunne...





8 comments:

  1. Your blog is fascinating! I started in the Children of the Corn section because I went to high school in Whiting, IA. I also lived in Simi Valley, CA when I was in grade school so the Poltergeist also brings back memories. I just saw that you live in Omaha--I went to college at UNO and spent about 10 yrs there. Thanks for a great site! Angela in MO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog site! Thank you! My family is from Hattiesburg MS but we lived in Fremont NE for 4 years. We loved Omaha. Our middle daughter attended UNO while we were there. Once again, your site is really wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Damn, you found the hotel! Nice job. I kept trying to track that sucker down... almost resorted to buying a Holiday Inn guide from the 80's on eBay to see if I could find it. All I remember was it was supposedly off the 10 or 210 east of LA?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, and, duh, where IS the hotel? Totally forgot to ask.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is at 1801 East G Street in Ontario, California. You can check out my new entry on the film and the franchise here: http://www.set-jetter.com/ontheset/poltergeist

      Delete
  5. Hi Everyone---My name is Christopher Hahn and I filmed a horror film tribute called CLASSIC HORROR MOVIE HOUSES---now on Youtube---which shows 19 horror movie highlights (including Poltergeist) and how these places look today:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHMXjh2XtmI
    Hope you enjoy it and thank you for this website here as finding this Holiday Inn motel/hotel address you have here has been extremely helpful.
    TAKE CARE EVERYONE & GOD BLESS
    Christopher Hahn
    PROVERBS 16:3&9

    ReplyDelete