Friday, November 22, 2013

Night of the Comet (1984)

Check out the new page for  NIGHT OF THE COMET at SET-JETTER.COM






















During my latest visits to LA, I was going to be downtown a lot, so I thought I would hit up some locations from Night of the Comet.   Although some were easy to find, I have to thank NightOfTheComet.info for their great website for some of these.   First up are drive-by shots of the El Rey Theatre from a couple years ago....



Screenshots....





Next is the girls' house and neighborhood street....







Screenshots....






Now we get into downtown shots, this across the bridge...


Screenshot...

Another establishing shot...

Screenshot...

More downtown...

Screenshot...

I found the school up in Burbank....
 Screenshot...

These ramps in downtown LA...


Screenshot....

Surprise, more downtown!


Screenshot...

Back to this street where she comes across an empty vehicle....







Screenshots...



The drive to the radio station, which I couldn't get lined up the way I wanted to, especially with wall to wall cars...


Screenshot....




The girls talk on this mezzanine after target practice...





Screenshots...




The final scene of the movie started with a pan down shot of these buildings...





Screenshots...



To this area....




Screenshots....






The sister was across the street here....




Screenshots....



The area where they waited to cross the street....



Screenshots....




And the final shot of the street....

Screenshots....



There are still a lot of downtown shots I need to get to, will update this entry as I complete them!

7 comments:

  1. Great job!Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robert, your account on FB is unavalable. Why?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I first saw this film at the drive in and left part way into it because I thought it was stupid. Years later it came on tv late at night and it wasn't until later that I realized it was that same film. I fell in love with this movie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved seeing the shots of the downtown area as they showed where my mother was working until her retirement from IBM. IBM had several floors of offices in the "Wells Fargo" building. I got to visit her once when I was living in Hawaii. I had fun checking out the shops and eateries in the lower level while waiting for her to get off work one day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. God the missed the old days of my childhood wandering around Downtown L.A. and throughout the west-side during the early 1980s. So familiar yet so different now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Still travel those routes today. Nostalgic feeling!

    ReplyDelete