Saturday, October 12, 2013

Halloween H20: Twenty Years Later (1998)

Check out the all new HALLOWEEN H20 page at SET-JETTER.COM



With 2013 being the 35th anniversary of my all time favorite, Halloween, I wanted to update my filming locations for the series, which have been scattered throughout my blog.  I will update these pages as I add new locations and cast or crew.


Jamie Lee Curtis truly gave fans a treat by jumping back in the genre and giving us a worthy follow-up to the Myers saga, plus the return of Laurie Strode.   Shot in the LA area, here are a few of the locations I've visited over the years.

First up is the house of Marion Chambers Whittington, nurse and friend to the late Dr. Loomis....




Screenshots...






Next door to her house  lives Jimmy....





Screenshots....



The Hillcrest Academy is actually the Canfield-Moreno estate.   I haven't scheduled a visit yet, but here is the outside gate.


UPDATE October 2013: I found the rest stop area!   First up is the road leading up to the rest stop.  It took me a while to track down this one, but my perseverance and patience paid off....






Screenshots...







Now the actual restroom is tricky.  There are a few restrooms in the area of this park, but none quite match up the exact building nor position as seen in the film.  It's possible that they have been moved or some set decoration changes were made, but I'm unsure at this point....






Screenshots...









The town of Summer Glen is featured in a few scenes.  The first shots are from a few years ago, but I recently went back for a revisit to get some better pics....





Screenshots...


Keri gets out of her car and looks into the store window...





Screenshots...







I'll have another glass of chardonnay please...




Screenshots...





John and his friend have a little off campus lunch....

Updated pics...








Screenshots...








You're not allowed to have a little off-campus lunch, John...




Screenshots...








Mr. Sandman!

Joseph Gordon Levitt as Jimmy...


Michelle Williams as Molly....

Adam Hann Byrd as Charlie....



Nancy Stephens as Marion...

Chris Duran as The Shape...


Writer Robert Zappia...
 

 The original Halloween 7 script!

Associate Producer Malek Akkad...

Director Steve Miner....


Here are some props I have from the film that were featured in the opening credit montage...



Screenshots...












9 comments:

  1. Where is the rest area located please? Thank you I want to visit all these places myself when I get to L.A.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The "rest stop" is at Malibu State Park at 1925 Las Virgenes Road in Calabasas.

      Delete
  2. Those pics are awesome ! U were very thorough ... i visited the site of the original Myers house last week. Wish i had time for more. Steve Miner is awesome too one of my fav director's i would love to meet him sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I appreciate this post as I am a huge fan of the entire franchise. There is one thing that I'm sure isn't accurate...the Canfield-Moreno Estate was used for the majority of H20, however, that front gate is not the same one posted in the picture. That entire front gate area as well as the guard house and road look as though they were filmed in a different location. I've visited the estate (many times) and the entrance and street are entirely different from what you see on film when cars are leaving or arriving to the fictional Hillcrest Academy. Different trees, different gates, different fence, different road, etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is correct, I wasn't meaning to imply it was the same gate, but just the entrance to the mansion. A gate and fake wall were put up in an area in the Malibu Canyon for those exteriors.

      Delete
  4. I've been doing research for the entrance of the school they used, I keep coming up with somewhere on Browns Canyon Rd in Chatsworth, CA. Did you come up with the same too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's correct, the entrance was constructed on Browns Canyon Rd. Robert has some pictures on http://www.set-jetter.com/ontheset/halloweenh20

      Delete
  5. Hola me encanta la película soy de colombia me gustaría que habláramos sobre ella, la entrada de la academia no es la misma de la foto seria interesa te que llegaras al lugar exacto escribeme

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All the information and the address to the entrance can be found here: http://www.set-jetter.com/ontheset/halloweenh20

      Delete