Saturday, April 27, 2013

When A Stranger Calls Back (1993)




A great sequel to When A Stranger Calls, the follow-up, When A Stranger Calls Back, was a great tense film.  In my opinion, the opening scene of the sequel outscares the original.   Shot in Vancouver, I did my best to track down many of the film's locations....

First up, the college campus Julie attends (Jill Schoelen)...



Screenshots...




The University of British Columbia also shows up in another scene....







Screenshots...






The police department....




Screenshots....






Julia's apartment...





Screenshots...


The apartment across the street gets some screen-time of it's own....

Screenshots....


The grocery store where Jill (Carol Kane) is stalked....



Screenshots...


One of the alleys I believe is used where Charles Durning confronts the killer...






Screenshots....




And finally, one of my favorite location finds, the house from the chilling opening scene....







Screenshots...






The great Carol Kane!



4 comments:

  1. One of my all time favorite movie. Great job on the research!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any chance on letting me know the location of the intro house as well as her apartment? I live in North Vancouver so wondering if they're in the vicinity.

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The house is at 1189 Matthews Ave and the apartment is at 1245 Nicola St.

      Delete
    2. Not sure if that first message got through but thanks a lot Robert. I really appreciate the info. :)

      Delete