Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Kicking & Screaming (1995)



One of my top ten films of all time, I caught Kicking and Screaming on cable once and couldn't get enough of it! I finally got a chance to visit some of the film's locations while in the Eagle Rock area of Los Angeles.  Most of the movie was shot in and around the Occidental College campus.

First up, Parker Posey moving back into the dorms was shot at the library, not a dorm...








Screenshots....




In an extended walking scene, Max and Grover walk across campus... not much changed at all in this area....












Screenshots....







After a visit from his dad, they walk through campus to the parking lot... again, not much changed except some added portable buildings....













Screenshots....







The cafeteria has changed a bit, but the chairs are still the same!






Screenshots....




My sister's favorite sequence took place by the pizza restaurant.....


 





Screenshots...




And the final scene is just down the street....





Screenshots....



1 comment:

  1. I've never seen Kicking and Screaming, but based on your recommendation, I've got it in my watch instantly queue at Netflix!

    Thank you for your great posts!
    Chris

    ReplyDelete